Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Coming to terms with The Killers


I realized something the other day when I was sitting in the Leader office listening to the new Killers CD: I'm really not ashamed to admit that I like the Killers.

Living with one of the biggest music snobs around, it isn't easy to admit liking a band that is often hated by music purists. OK, sure, so they may be right about some things:

  • Yeah, lead singer Brandon Flowers does rip off Robert Smith of the Cure sometimes
  • Ok, so they did claim that their new album was inspired by Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run, a sacrelidge to any and all Springsteen fans, as no one can be better than the Boss.
  • Finally, I admit that the album title Sam's Town does really suck.

But these are all minor complaints. The Killers are a great band, and I dont' care who I say it to! Just because the uber-elitist website Pitchfork Media doesn't give them a good album review doesn't mean that I have to believe them. I like them because they are fun to listen to, and that's all.

My name is Mike, and I'm a Killers fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home