Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Michael Jackson is still cool with me

Michael Jackson has become somewhat of a taboo subject ever since he was accused of child molestation a while back. People seem to have forgotten the days when the King of Pop dominated nearly every facet of their daily lives: radio, TV, advertisements, etc.

I admit that, for a while, I harbored some less-than-cordial feelings towards Michael when he got off scot-free in his trial, but I figure there's nothing anyone can really do about it now.

My interest was peaked recently when I read that Michael will be performing Thriller to a live audience in Britain, where he will receive the Diamond award, which is an award given to artists who sell more than 100 MILLION ALBUMS... that's a lot of albums. Let's take a short look at the album in discussion: Thriller.

  • "Thriller"
  • "Beat It"
  • "Billie Jean"
Think about that. Three of the greatest pop songs of all time snugly nestled one after another on one album. Forget "Wacko Jacko" for a second, and remember when you were a kid singing along to these songs. This is pre-"Free Willy" Michael at his best. It is not only the best selling album of all time, but one of the greatest albums ever made.

Don't worry, Michael. I still dig you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home